Volunteers needed to provide outdoor companionship and entertainment to their residents by singing, drawing on windows, performing skits, reading books, playing musical instruments, etc. For more information, contact Crystal Lane at 704-920-0000 ext. 142.
Hygiene Kit Service Project: As part of our Gift of Care program , Bright Blessings provides thousands of personal care kits for thousands of homeless and disadvantaged children each year. Good health and hygiene is essential to positive emotional and physical development for all children, and even more critical for those who lack regular access to care supplies due to poverty. Your support can help ensure that thousands of kids in need receive these basics. Any questions, contact Bright Blessings at 704-846-2329.
Project Instructions: Fill large ziploc bags with 1 each of the following items. Items must be new and in unopened individual packages. NO hotel samples or travel sizes, please.
- Bar of soap
- Lip balm/chapstick
- Pocket-size tissue pack
- 12oz bottle of shampoo
- Pocket-size hand santizer
- Toothpaste - Full sized
It only takes 1 item to make a difference. Now that schools are closed our blessing boxes are even more important to our community! Please drop off a few items to any box. For more information, follow them on Facebook.
Boxes are located at:
- Concord Fire Stations
- Station #5 - 179 Pitt School Rd., Concord
- Station #4 - 1165 Warren C Coleman Blvd., Concord
- Cabarrus Health Alliance - 300 Mooresville Rd., Kannapolis
- One life Church -1030 Central Dr. NW, Concord
- Z Max Dragway off Bruton Smith Blvd
provides a great opportunity for people to volunteer and make a difference in the life of a senior. Delivery volunteers pick up meals from our office and hand-deliver them directly to seniors' homes. Meals on Wheels is also important because we provide a safety check every day to seniors who are living at home.
CCM needs toilet paper, peanut butter, soup, cereal, and any canned vegetables except for green beans and corn. Drop off between 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Crisis Center, 246 Country Club Dr. NE, Concord, NC.
Items needed: N95 masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disposable gowns for at-risk children. Call 704-788-1164,8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Elder Orphan Care serves older adults in Cabarrus and Rowan counties, especially those aging alone. They accept financial donations to help purchase groceries, personal supplies, adaptive equipment, and building supplies for home modifications to help clients remain safe in their homes. Donations can be made at elderorphancare.com or via check mailed to 349-L Copperfield Blvd., Suite 211, Concord, NC 28025. Volunteers are needed for grocery deliveries, comfort calls, yard care, light construction projects, and various activities. To volunteer, please complete the volunteer application on their website. Contact Tammy Blackburn or Kim Jackson for more information.
First Responders 1st needs gift cards to local restaurants, grocery stores, Grub Hub, and Door Dash for first responders. Amazon gift cards are also in need to purchase Bibles and Christian reading material for our officers. Contact Lonnie Clouse at or 704-906-6356.
Volunteers needed for the Habitat ReStore to unload furniture, cleaning, assembling new shipments, donations, etc. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. For additional information, contact Kippi Laws at or 704-786-4001.
- Development Consultant - Assist in the development and implementation of fundraisers
- Event Coordinator - Work with the Founder, the development coordinator, and volunteers to assist in creating and managing future events
- Information Delivery - Help us hand out flyers, business cards, pamphlets, and simply spread the word at your work, church, family/friend, and civic organizations. Assist in maintaining our booth during various vendor shows.
- IT Volunteer - Maintain Website, back-ups, and various other IT issues
- Marketing & Communication Consultant - Assist in the creation of marketing materials and news releases as well as social media updates
- Volunteer Coordinator - Manage the volunteer program for NHC and assist in developing the organizational Volunteer Procedures Manual
Items needed: bread, canned goods and non-perishables, cleaning supplies, sanitizer, paper products, personal items, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and feminine products. Drop off between 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Opportunity House, 72 Corban Ave. SW, Concord, NC.
Present Age is exploring ways to offer set school days for our girls in order to give them structure and support. If you are located around Charlotte, NC and have a few hours a week you can dedicate - reach out to us to find out about training by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator today.
The Ruby Organization needs home furnishings and volunteers for community outreach. For a list of current needs, visit therubyorg.org or contact Tracy Minchin at or 704-970-7829.